PLEASE, DO NOT UPLOAD TO OTHER SITES! Share the Blog link.
Well, it’s time for the first release. I didn’t finished it yet but I need a break, so I decided to release a v0.2 version and see what you guys think. Or we can wait one more year 😛 Keep in mind it’s not finished yet mainly the physics part (and we neither have solid axle in AC) and still missing minor model details.
And at last but not least:
And another especial thanks to people who donated something, hopefully you guys can help me to buy a decent new video card 😀
Well, the things reached a insane scale yesterday, the page views jumped from 500~600 daily views to 3.871. Impressive, at least people want to try this thing. But I’ve seen lots of love and hate around and I think I need to explain some things here.
This is my first experience in the modding community, everything you see here is result of lots of hours of trying and error. Months, actually. There’s no “make awesome physics in 5 easy steps” tutorial, I’m just an 3d artist with some experience with games, everything beyond this is a plus and in case you guys don’t noticed, despite from the help of named people above, this is a one person project and I’m neither physics guru or sound engineer, that means this two positions are available. Just complaining over the internet won’t help this project in any way.
I’m doing my best here, but I can’t handle everything alone with extreme quality. Not in less than a year.
Just for the record, I’m not mad at all, I know there’s flaws here more than anyone.
Know issues/ TODO:
– Transparency sorting (glass)
– Not entirely happy with the damage (not final)
– Proper and unique interior model for turbo version (the N/A interior is ok, just need some more polishment)
– Interior materials need some polishment
– No lod models
– Lotus 98t placeholder sounds
– The turbo version may be a bit overpowered ATM
– I’ll update this list when I remember the rest of the things
– First public release
– Suspension adjustments
Alpha v0.13 closed beta
– Integrated and fixed all skins
– Fixed driver view position
– Added vintage tires
– Suspension adjustments
– Car total mass adjustments
– Turbo adjustments
– Some 3d model adjustments
Alpha v0.12 closed beta
– Uv fix
Alpha v0.11 closed beta
– Changed uv layout
– Changed tire physics
– First damage tests
– New front model
– New head light textures
– New Muffler textures
– Fixed tail lights texture
– worked on interior materials
– Some interior models changes
– Changed number on castrol black livery
– Initial closed beta release
Download: see the latest version Skin templates: see the latest version